UPDATE. This past Thursday 17th May we were again the main food sponsor for the 20th Celebrity Championship Golf Tournament. This time we could not keep the crowds away, from the time the doors opened until the time the event was over there was a continuous line. Folks kept on coming back for our delicious chicken sliders, rice and fresh salad.
The night wore on, all the tables were filled and they still kept on coming. No doubt a great time was had by all.
The Celebrity Championship is Back for the 19th Year!!!
The 19th Annual Celebrity Championship is back May 18-21, 2017, at Morgan Run Club & Resort! NFL Hall of Fame running back Marshall Faulk will serve as the host, which brings over 50 of the best celebrity golfers in the world together to participate in a Celeb-Am Tournament and compete in a celebrity-only competition for a cash purse and the coveted Celebrity Championship trophy!
The weekend long competition is a fantastic event for fans of all ages including families, friends and business professionals to network and foster new connections. The 2017 Celebrity Championship includes a two-day Celebrity-Amateur tournament (May 19-20) nightly parties, and a 36-hole, celebrity-only competition (May 20-21). The general public is encouraged to attend all three days of festivities.
Since its inception in 1999, the tournament has raised nearly $2 million on behalf of numerous San Diego based charities. This year, charitable proceeds will be donated to The Junior Seau Foundation and The Marshall Faulk Foundation.
On the night before the start of the tournament a VIP fund raising event was held. Rotisserie Affair was asked to donate food for the 700+ attendees. Being such a good cause we did this with pleasure. The pictures below capture some of what was going on including our scrumptious BBQ chicken menu with roast potatoes and salad.
Other highlights from the 2016 Celebrity Championship hosted by Marshall Faulk:
- $150,000 raised for the Junior Seau Foundation and the Marshall Faulk Foundation
- Attendance by over 50 celebrities from the NFL, NHL, NBA, and MLB as well as Olympians and stars from television and motion pictures including: Marshall Faulk, David Wells, Danny Woodhead, Frankie Muniz, Patrick Peterson, Rollie Fingers, Brian Baumgartner, Matt Slauson and many more.
- Thousands of spectators, sports enthusiasts and fans from throughout the country came out over the three-day championship to support the event and to see celebrity golf at its finest.
- The Ralphs/Gatorade kids clinic on Friday afternoon, gave fifty (50) lucky children the opportunity to learn the golf fundamentals of putting, driving, and chipping from celebrities and Morgan Run Club and Resort professionals.
- The 10th annual Military Appreciation Day honored the brave men and women serving courageously in the Armed Services on Sunday, May 22. Children in attendance received free popcorn, snow cones, and the opportunity to play in inflatable bounce houses compliments of L.B. Jumpers. Attendees also received free lunch compliments of Carl’s Jr. and Dang Brothers Pizza and participated in a putting contest for both children and adults